Friday, January 22, 2010

Cooking

As I have mentioned in past blogs, I have recently embarked on the new, yet delicious world of cooking. Thank goodness for the ipod ap, Epicurious. I do not have many aps but I would have to say the countdown to Christmas ap, facebook ap, pandora ap and Epicurious ap are superior to all other aps. I have used this ap to cook items such as lime and honey glazed salmon with broccolini and basmati rice (one of my favs). This is a surprisingly easy dish that minimizes the mess I am destined to make :).

Not only does this ap have multiple delicious recipes to look/ cook through, but it makes an organized shopping list that I can use to check off ingredients as I collect them. Jenga! I am definitley that person who writes unorganized lists, walks all over the store multiple times, gets home, unloads the groceries and realizes, "Holy poop! (yes, you just read the word "poop" on my blog) I forgot THE most important ingredient". While most normal people may call this disease forgetfulness, I call it grocerystore amnesia (today grocerystore is one word). Grocerystore amnesia has become so debilitating that people around me have noticed. I was visiting the local HEB the other day, looking for an ingredient, but alas, I forgot which one. A lady in front of me did not share my same diagnosis nor did she have any sympathy because I could hear her say under her breath "What are you doing?!?!?" No joke! Apparently she remembered what she needed and I was in her way, so I moved my cart and she angrily pushed her cart around mine. I am going to the doctor tomorrow to get my official diagnosis and medication.

And I digress...

Another important factoid about this ap is I can select recipes based on the meal, keyword, and even type of diet I am looking to cook for (healthy, low cal, etc). Picture of lime and honey glazed salmon with broccolini is below. Yum!

To view the recipe click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment